895 Walt Whitman Rd.Melville , NY , 11747
Phone: (631) 271-118040° 47' 56.49" N, 73° 24' 53.6544" W
In 1938, the original Bowlmor Lanes opened its doors in the heart of Greenwich Village at 110 University Place. During the golden age of bowling from the '60s, Bowlmor Lanes was at the forefront of the bowling revolution, hosting the prestigious Landgraf Tournament in 1942 and one of the first televised bowling tournaments in 1955. In 1958, Vice President Richard Nixon famously bowled at the lanes. Through the '70s and '80s Bowlmor Lanes was home to the top bowlers in the sport and became a regular hangout for village hipsters. But towards the '90s, as the popularity of bowling as a sport declined, so did the condition of the bowling alley.