170 Buckram RdLocust Valley , NY , 11560
Phone: (516) 671-183740° 52' 41.5488" N, 73° 35' 27.384" W
Kristine Piana, MLS
The Locust Valley Library was founded by Frank N. Doubleday, Frederick A. Horsey, Edward Latting, James T. Mitchell, Jr., Dr. Edward Seaman, Charles F. Williams, and Edward M. Ward on October 17, 1909, with a $300 contribution from the year-old Matinecock Neighborhood Association. Its first home was a two-room cottage at One Bayville Road, near the corner of Bayville and Buckram Roads. The first Chairman of the Locust Valley Library Association was Neltje de Graff Doubleday (Mrs. Frank N.), who wrote nature and gardening books under the pen name "Neltje Blanchan." The first librarian was Miss Bertha Whiting.