1 North Country RoadSmithtown , NY , 11787-2143
Phone: 631-360-248040° 51' 22.1976" N, 73° 11' 14.8668" W
The Smithtown Library in Smithtown, Long Island, NY, can trace its beginnings to 1907 when materials were housed in Judge Lawrence Smith's law office. Between 1909 and 1912 the collection was moved to a separate small building, and then to the Epenetus Smith Tavern. The first permanent library building opened on August 12, 1912. That building was moved to its present location in 1950. In 1952 the library was chartered as a municipal library, the only one in Suffolk County. An addition was made to the original building in 1953, again in 1967-68, and again in 2011-2012. The Smithtown Library System consists of the Main Building and three branches located in Commack, Kings Park, and Nesconset.